|Tina Clayton Lord Manning|
|One Life to Live|
|Portrayed by||Andrea Lynn Evans|
(1978-1980, 1985-1990, 2008, 2011)
Kelli Joan Maroney
Marsha Clark (1984-1985)
Nancy Frangione (1985; temporary replacement recast for Andrea Evans)
|Duration||1978-1980, 1984-1997, 2008, 2011|
|First appearance||Summer 1978|
|Last appearance||November 26, 2011|
|Cause/reason||Married Cordero Roberts & Left Town together|
|Created by||Gordon Russell|
|Born||March 14, 1962|
|Residence||Llanview, Pennsylvania (formerly)|
Tina Clayton Lord Manning (originally Clayton, formerly Roberts, Rogan, and Vickers) is a fictional character on the ABC daytime drama One Life to Live. She is the paternal half-sister of long-running recently original character Victoria Lord, and the full sister to then the long running villainous character Todd Manning. Template:TOCleft
Casting and popularity
The role was originated in 1978 by actress Andrea Lynn Evans, whose first stint lasted until 1980 when she left to take a break. The character was recast with Kelli Joan Maroney in early 1984 and then with Marsha Clark in late 1984 to early 1985. Nancy Frangione was temporary recast in mid 1985 for Andrea Evans. Andrea Lynn Evans then returned in the spring of 1985, as the original Tina Lord in a storyline credited with putting the series "back on course" and ultimately bringing Tina Clayton Lord Roberts to her height of popularity. Andrea Lynn Evans has appeared on the cover of Soap Opera Digest five times — once every year from 1978 to 1990. — and People magazine called her "Daytime's Diva of Dirt" in 1985. The series itself rose from #5 in the Nielsen ratings in the 1984 to 1985 season to #4 in the following season, soon going to #3 the next year, where it remained until the 1989 to 1990 season. In 1985, then-Executive Producer Paul Rauch noted of Evans, "She makes a tremendous difference to our show ... Her ability makes her go beyond the ordinary viper. In large part, she's responsible for the show's recent success."  In 1989, Evans was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Ingenue for the role, and left the show in January 1990 after she was threatened on the show by a disturbed fan who is a stalker for her safety and was almost attacked and beaten.
Tina Clayton Lord Manning-Roberts was recast again on May 10, 1990 with former Playboy Playmate Karen Witter, who was nominated for a Soap Opera Digest Award in late 1990 for Outstanding Female Newcomer and played the part for four years until February 17, 1994 when she left the show and departed the role. Karen Witter Lorre was then succeeded in the role on July 6, 1994 by Krista Tesreau, known for her Daytime Emmy-nominated portrayal of "Tina twin" Mindy Lewis on CBSTemplate:' Guiding Light from 1983 to 1990. "Whirling dervish" Tina Krista Tesreau Strauss was then imminently written off the show on June 12, 1996; Tesreau reappeared briefly in September to December 1996, and finally from January 20 to January 29, 1997 to facilitate the departure of John Loprieno (who played Tina's ex-husband, Cord Roberts who was leaving the show and departing off as Krista Tesreau-Strauss was too).
Andrea Lynn Evans returns to the show
Over a decade later, ABC.com announced in August 2008 that Andrea Lynn Evans would soon return as Tina Clayton Lord Manning-Roberts finally. She reappeared onscreen on August 11, 2008 after her show "Passions" was cancelled. Executive Producer Frank Valentini noted, "Even though Andrea has not appeared on OLTL since 1990 when she departed, she has remained among the most requested characters to return to the show ... I welcome her home to OLTL and to the role where she made an indelible mark on our audience."
One Life to Live celebrated its 40th anniversary in July 2008 with the return of several former cast members and by revisiting notable plotlines from its past. The series paid tribute to Tina's famous 1988 plunge over the Iguazu Falls in a storyline in which villain Carlo Hesser sends her daughter Sarah over a waterfall as well.
Andrea Lynn Evans's imminent departure from the series was announced on November 7, 2008. Both Andrea Evans and ABC noted that the actress' return was always set to be short-term in 2011, as her "life, family and home" are in California while One Life to Live tapes in New York City. Valentini continued in a statement, "The character of Tina is a very important part of the OLTL canvas ... [If] there is an opportunity to have her — Tina and Andrea — return at a future date, the show would be happy to explore it." Evans added, "I had a fabulous time bringing Tina back to the show and certainly hope that the chance to take on the role manifests itself again." Evans's last appearance was on November 26, 2011.
- The character is stated to be 16 years old in 1978.
- "Tina Lord profile". Soaps.com. http://www.soaps.com/onelifetolive/cast/653/Tina_Lord. Retrieved December 4, 2008.
- "OLTL's Tina Lord: Through the Years". SOAPnet.com. http://soapnet.go.com/soapnet/gallery/path-galleryNum_1667/category_shows/subcategory_daytimeemmysredcarpet2008. Retrieved October 21, 2008.
- "Victoria Lord Davidson profile". ABC.com. http://abc.go.com/daytime/onelifetolive/characters/bio?pn=characterbio&character=Victoria%20Lord%20Davidson. Retrieved October 21, 2008.
- Schemering, Christopher (September 1985). The Soap Opera Encyclopedia. Ballantine Books. pp. 158–166. ISBN 0-345-32459-5 (1st edition).
- Waggett, Gerard J. (November 1997). "One Life to Live". The Soap Opera Encyclopedia. Harper Paperbacks. pp. 163–188. ISBN 0-06-101157-6.
- One Life to Live cast and credits - SoapCentral.com
- In July 1985, Nancy Frangione stepped into the role for two days while Evans was ill.
- "Andrea Evans Cover Slideshow". SoapOperaDigest.com. http://www.soapoperadigest.com/andrea-evans-cover-slideshow/index.html. Retrieved August 4, 2008.
- Carter, Alan (August 19, 1985). "It'll Take More Than a Bubble Bath to Clean Up Andrea Evans' Act as Daytime's Diva of Dirt". People (Vol. 24, No. 8). pp. 92–94. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20091536,00.html. Retrieved January 3, 2009.
- Waggett, Gerard J. (November 1997). "Part VI: Soap Opera Nielsen Ratings". The Soap Opera Encyclopedia. HarperPaperbacks. pp. 637–639. ISBN 006-101157-6.
- "Daytime Emmy Winners & Nominees: 1988". SoapOperaDigest.com. http://www.soapoperadigest.com/Emmys/winners1988/index.html. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- "Daytime Emmy Winners & Nominees: 1987". SoapOperaDigest.com. http://www.soapoperadigest.com/Emmys/winners1987/index.html. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- Carter, Alan (July 22, 1994). "Taking a Tina Turn". Entertainment Weekly. EW.com. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,303078,00.html. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- "Krista Tesreau: Biography". KristaTesreau.com. http://www.kristatesreau.com/biores.htm. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- "Comings and Goings: Andrea Evans (Tina Lord Roberts)". Soap Opera Digest. June 10, 2008 (Vol. 33, No. 24). pp. 15.
- One Life to Live recap (6/11/08) - Soaps.com
- Mitovich, Matt (April 10, 2008). "Andrea Evans 'Thrilled' to Be Returning to One Life". TVGuide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/soaps/andrea-evans-thrilled-10023.aspx. Retrieved May 26, 2009.
- "One Life to Live: Big Returns and Plots For 40th Anniversary!". Soaps.com. June 10, 2008. http://www.soaps.com/onelifetolive/news/2004/One_Life_to_Live_Big_Returns_and_Plots_For_40th_An. Retrieved August 5, 2008.
- Logan, Michael (June 11, 2008). "Soaps News: One Life Celebrates No. 40 with Blasts from the Past". TVGuide.com. http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Soaps-News/Life-Live-40th/800041323. Retrieved August 5, 2008.
- One Life to Live recap (7/21/08, 40th Anniversary) - Soaps.com
- One Life to Live recap (7/22/08, 40th Anniversary) - Soaps.com
- Mitovich, Matt (November 6, 2008). "One Life to Live Exit: Tina Won't Be Home for the Holidays". TVGuide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/Soaps/OLTL-Exit-Tina-35385.aspx. Retrieved November 8, 2008.
- Branco, Nelson (November 7, 2008). "The Suds Report: Andrea Evans’ exit confirmed". TVGuide.sympatico.msn.ca. http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+Report+Nov+7+2008/Soaps/Suds/Articles/081107_news_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1. Retrieved February 23, 2009.
- One Life to Live recap (11/25/08) - Soaps.com
- Tina Lord profile - Soaps.com
- Tina Clayton Lord profile - SoapCentral.com
- Notoriously Remembered: Tina Lord
- "OLTL's Tina Lord: Through the Years." (Photo gallery) - SOAPnet.com